Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just doing my best

One great thing about EC is that it is not "all or nothing." Some people who practice EC put their baby on the potty first thing in the morning, or after a bath or something, and use diapers the rest of the day. There are no hard and fast rules. Some people set out to provide their baby a place to eliminate other than their diaper for every time they need to go. I think that is wonderful, but that is not how I do it. Sometimes I'm teaching a class online, sometimes I'm working, sometimes (not often, but sometimes!) I'm doing dishes or something, and I just don't realize she has to go. That is OK, it's how we do it. EC really is a journey! Somedays are great and easy and successful, some days we're just off. It's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment