Friday, April 3, 2009

First time in the Moby wrap without diapers

So when Hannah was about 2 1/2 months (I think) I took her on a walk in the Moby wrap without a diaper. I can't remember if I had little cloth training pants on her, I think I did, or just nothing. As I walked around the neighborhood with her up close to me with no diaper on, I felt like I was getting away with something. I wondered what people would think if they knew she wasn't wearing a diaper! (As if it mattered, but that's what I was thinking.) I definitely was hoping that we'd make it home with no peeing, because I wasn't used to getting peed on yet. I remember, too, that my neighbor stopped me to say hi to Hannah, and I was still wondering if we'd get home with no pee. And we did! She did not pee while I had her in any kind of sling for a long time!

I had read that babies tend not to pee or poop when they are in a sling. It was true for Hannah, until she reached about 8 or 9 months. I remember one time she peed on me four times in one day! I started waterproofing after that. Lately, though, as in the past couple of weeks, I haven't worried about it, and she hasn't peed on me.

In the very beginning, before I could read her signals, she did go a couple of times in the sling. After the fact I realized she was trying to tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment